I’d like to share with this pretty simple script with you, hope it will save you few minutes.
You guys who familiar with this Symfony plugin for assets management probably know that it uses sfThumbnail plugin for making thumbnails of image assets.
sfThumbnail has configuration in app.yml and it looks like:
upload_dir: media # Asset library root, under the web/ dir
check_type: false # Set to true if you want to restrict the type of assets
types: ['image'] # Accepted asset types if check_type is true
thumbnail_dir: thumbnail # Where the image thumbnails are stored
use_ImageMagick: false # Set to true if you have the convert command
thumbnails: # Name and size (in pixels) of the thumbnails created at upload
tiny: # Displayed in the list page
small: # Displayed in the list page
shave: false # Cut strips to constraint the image size
large: # Displayed in the details page
original: # Displayed in the details page
search_pager_size: 20 # Number of resuts per page
mass_upload_size: 5 # Number of file upload controls displayed in the mass upload form
This is cool but when you have your project up and running and decided to add new type of thumbnail (for instance name it ‘big’)
you’ll have a problem: you need to resize all old images according to new thumbnail type.
Continue reading “Symfony sfAssetsLibraryPlugin assets resize script”
Just read interesting article on Smashing magazine regarding best practicies in website typography.
The study shows a clear set of common practices and guidelines for setting type in Web design. Note, though, that these findings are not scientific and should serve only as rough guidelines:
- Either serif or sans-serif fonts are fine for body copy and headings, but sans-serif fonts are still more popular for both.
- Common choices for headlines are Georgia, Arial and Helvetica.
- Common choices for body copy are Georgia, Arial, Verdana and Lucida Grande.
- The most popular font size for headings is a range between 18 and 29 pixels.
- The most popular font size for body copy is a range between 12 and 14 pixels.
- Header font size Ã· Body copy font size = 1.96.
- Line height (pixels) Ã· body copy font size (pixels) = 1.48.
- Line length (pixels) Ã· line height (pixels) = 27.8.
- Space between paragraphs (pixels) Ã· line height (pixels) = 0.754.
- The optimal number of characters per line is between 55 and 75, but between 75 and 85 characters per line is more popular,
- Body text is left-aligned, image replacement is rarely used and links are either underlined or highlighted with bold or color.
Read full article here: Typographic Design Patterns and Best Practices
Today I’ve found interesting and useful Symfony resource www.SymfonyLab.com.
The owner of this resource, Nazar Voznyak,Â is the official contributor of the Symfony Project, had written a lot of Symony plugins available for free from this site or from the official Symfony website.
Congratulations, Nazar, you’re doing great work!